We know that Android 11 was released on September 8th, 2020. Android 11 is optimized for how you use your phone. Giving you powerful device controls. And easier ways to manage conversations, privacy settings and so much more. Let’s see the Android 11 Highlights,
- Manage your conversations: Get all your messages in one place.See, respond to and control your conversations across multiple messaging apps. All in the same spot. Then select people you always chat with. These priority conversations show up on your lock screen. So you never miss anything important. With Android 11, you can pin conversations so they always appear on top of other apps and screens. Bubbles keep the conversation going—while you stay focused on whatever else you’re doing. Nearby Share helps quickly and securely send files, videos, map locations and more to devices nearby. Works with Android devices, Chromebooks or devices running Chrome browser.
- Capture and share content: Screen recording lets you capture what’s happening on your phone. And it’s built right into Android 11, so you don’t need an extra app. Record with sound from your mic, your device or both. Select text from your apps. Grab images too. On Pixel devices, you can easily copy, save and share info between many apps. Like your browser, your delivery app or from the news.
- Helpful tools that predict what you want: It support Smart reply that is get suggested responses in conversations. App suggestions feature provides facility to easily get to apps you need most. Smart folders provides smarter ways to organize your apps.
- Control your phone with your voice: With Android 11, Voice Access is faster and easier to use. Intuitive labels on apps help you control and navigate your phone, all by speaking out loud. Even use Voice Access offline, for more support whenever you need it.
- Accessibility: Lookout: Lookout now has two new modes. Scan Document and Food Label help people with low vision or blindness get things done faster and more easily. Opening Lookout also turns on your flashlight, helping users read in low light. And Lookout is now available on all 2GB+ devices running Android 6.0 or later.
- 5G detection API and Ethernet tethering: With new APIs, apps know if you’re on a 5G connection. So you get better performance. Share a tethered internet connection with a USB ethernet dongle.
- Digital Well-being: Bedtime Mode quiets your phone when it’s time to go to sleep. Schedule it to run automatically or while your phone charges as you rest. Your screen switches to grayscale and your notifications go silent with Do Not Disturb. The new bedtime feature in Clock helps you set a healthy sleep schedule. Track screen time at night and fall asleep to calming sounds. Then wake up to your favorite song. Or use the Sunrise Alarm that slowly brightens your screen to start the day.
- Enterprise: Get full privacy from IT on your work profile on company-owned devices. Plus new asset management features for IT to ensure security without visibility into personal usage. Connect work and personal apps to get a combined view of your information in places like your calendar or your reminders. Easily disconnect from work. With Android 11, you can now set a schedule to automatically turn your work profile on and off. Use the work tab in more places to share and take actions across work and personal profiles. See work tabs when sharing, opening apps and in settings. Get a new notification if your IT admin has turned on location services on your managed device.
- Device Controls: Control your connected devices from one place. Set the temperature to chill, then dim your lights. All from a single spot on your phone.3 Just long press the power button to see and manage your connected devices. Making life at home that much easier.
- Media Controls: Switch from your headphones to your speaker without missing a beat. Tap to hear your tunes or watch video on your TV. With Android 11, you can quickly change the device that your media plays on.
- Connect Android to your car. Skip the cable: Hit the road without plugging in. Android Auto now works wirelessly with devices running Android 11—so you can bring the best of your phone on every drive.
- Privacy and Security: You control what apps can access. Take charge of your data with Android. You choose whether to give apps you download permission to access sensitive data. Or not. So you stay better protected. Give one-time permissions to apps that need your mic, camera or location. The next time the app needs access, it must ask for permission again. If you haven’t used an app in a while, you may not want it to keep accessing your data. So Android will reset permissions for your unused apps. You can always turn permissions back on. With Android 11, you get even more security and privacy fixes sent to your phone from Google Play. The same way all your other apps update. So you get peace of mind. And your device stays armed with the most recent defense.
Thanks for spending your time here to read this article and know about the new features of Android 11.
make it perfect!
Leave a Reply